Sunday, December 21, 2008

David Lereah Admits He 'Spun' For the Realtors. Takes Responsibility

David Lereah, currently working for Reecon Advisors Inc, now admits he "put a positive spin" on the housing market during the boom and bust times. Mr. Lereah goes on to take responsibility for his predictions while he was at the National Association of Realtors. This comes from a recent interview with Money Magazine article titled 'Former real estate bull admits, "I spun"'.


Q: Were you wrong to be so bullish?

A: I worked for an association promoting housing, and it was my job to represent their interests. If you look at my actual forecasts, the numbers were right inline with most forecasts. The difference was that I put a positive spin on it It was easy to do during boom times, harder when times weren’t good. I never thought the whole national real estate market would burst.

Q: Any regrets?

A: I would not have done anything different. But I was a public spokesman writing about housing having a good future. I was wrong. I have to take responsibility for that.

It is a positive that Mr. Lereah is taking partial responsibility for his actions while he was working at the NAR. It all begs the question is Lawrence Yun also engaging in 'positive spin?'

Additional Links:

Realtor Chief Economist: “I spun” (NJ Real Estate Report)

Another Reason Not to Trust So-Called Economic Experts (Seeking Alpha)

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for the final question about Lawrence Yun, well? Is he?

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Loan Modification said...

Very good article.

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger maria said...

i like your blog and your articles
This is maria webmaster of some mortgage, realestate, debt and other finance related sites and my sites are doing fine in major search engines. While searching in Google I have found your website [http://www.efinancialnews.com/] and as we both are in the similar field I would like to exchange links with your site.

I have some healthy content pages in my websites and will give you some healthy links from my websites.

So, if you are interested then kindly send me your link details. I will activate your links within few minutes.

I can assure you that you will get good Search Engine value from our link.

If you are not the concerned person, then kindly forward this mail to the webmaster concerned.

Waiting for your reply to come.

Regards,
Mariabush17 at G(mail).com

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Research Term Papers said...

Another great article. I like that you are very honest and direct to the point.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Houses for Rent Halifax said...

It was great to go through your article. The information here is very useful and informative. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home